‘There is no health without good mental health’ – various people have said this from athletes, sports personalities to business and politicians.
It’s logical when you think about it. We can train our bodies to be perfect fighting machines, have the most stamina etc. If we don’t do the same for our minds the results can be disastrous.
The label ‘mental health’ strikes fear in the majority of us – more so within business. We rarely talk openly about it in the workplace. Yet it affects us all either directly or indirectly. Which in turn negatively impacts the bottom line for business.
I can work with your business to design and deliver a programme to match exactly what the needs of your staff and business are. Maybe it’s a focus on language. What is the difference between depression and feeling blue? Is stress the same as pressure?. Perhaps you would like to give your staff some tools they can use to look after themselves and those around them. Or maybe you want to create a band of ‘first aiders’ – staff who would give early support until professional help is around?
Whatever the need, a solution to match your requirements and learning styles of your staff can be devised and delivered. Examples of training delivered include:
- A lunch and learn one hour session an insight into mental health, what it means, the impact on business, understand recovery and raise awareness of potential changes
- A three-hour session delves a little deeper into stress, anxiety and depression – interactive with signposting
- I’ve devised and delivered bespoke products to Engie – head office and nuclear power station, Portico management teams, Microsoft and PwC.
MHFA licensed Instructor – able to deliver the following products:
- MHFA Adult Half Day – an accredited instructor I can deliver this 4 hour workshop as a solid foundation to mental health knowledge. A signposting manual accompanies the course. Participants receive an electronic certificate of completion direct from MHFAEngland.
- The Global MHFAStandard First Aider certificated course. An intense course covering everything from stress, anxiety, depression, psychosis, self-harm, eating disorders. This is highly interactive and delivers a robust manual for onward learning. This 12 hour course delivers qualification as a First Aider in Mental Health. It’s usually delivered over two full days. The accredited First Aider Certificate is sent electronically from MHFAEngland for uploading to online profiles if required.
Recognised in over 25 countries, in England MHFA is administered by http://www.mhfaengland.org. MHFA Instructor’s training is endorsed by The Royal Society for Public Health.
For individuals, knowledge in mental health areas is powerful for their own growth and those around them both at work and at home.
For businesses it’s a critical focus. With an aging workforce more mental health issues will arise from age related illnesses. Indirect issues through supporting/living with people who have mental health issues can affect your staff. Losing talent from our business is costly and time-consuming. Often, it’s unnecessary. Early intervention when ‘changes’ are first spotted will deliver much better results than ‘burying heads’.
Over 60 people completed suicide in the City of London alone in 2016. Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45.
For businesses, the cost of mental health is over £1,200 per head. The cost to families and communities even higher.
From 2012- 2014 I was a Board member of MHFAEnland (www.mhfaengland.org) helping to steer the then small CIC into the private sector. The results have been amazing. Workplace has grown to work with global household names to deliver a change of culture and a mentally healthier outlook. These names include Unilever, Clifford Chance, Ernst & Young. Outside Workplace, I’ve delivered Mental Health First Aider training to LB Barking & Dagenham, Dacorum Borough Council, serving prisoners at HMP Downview, Action for Happiness , PwC, Portico, Mitie Connect, and the Samaritans to name a few!
MHFA England is the overseeing body and values MHFALite at £75 per person. They value the MHFAStandard course at £300 per person.
I work on a day rate for MHFA and bespoke products which can be extremely cost effective in comparison
I have been a licensed Instructor with MHFAEngland for over 10 years and trained hundreds of people from charities, corporates, public sector and the unemployed to be First Aiders in Mental Health.
MHFA Half Day Adult – maximum of 20 people
MHFA Standard – maximum of 16 people
Bespoke programmes – maximum numbers will depend on the content required. Design costs are included in my day rate – not additional.
Sample of delegate testimonials on me as a trainer……
‘Would definitely recommend – Jane was brilliant and down to earth. I’d be very keen to do another course.’
‘An engaging and knowledgeable trainer’
‘motivational, opened my thinking on a difficult subject’
‘Had everyone involved throughout’
‘Made me more aware of my own well-being’
What do clients think?
‘Thanks so much for delivering some brilliant sessions that are really highlighted in the feedback received.’ Ben, PwC