“This course gives you the knowledge and courage to ask those difficult questions regarding your own and others mental health. Knowing what I know now, I am very comfortable to help not only myself but those around me”, Conor.
As businesses we know how important it is to have a healthy, inclusive workplace where staff can thrive. A business that makes positive mental health and wellbeing training part of their DNA will get commitment, higher productivity, increased brand reputation and increased bottom lines. But, it has to be the right training! Especially in the time of Coronavirus uncertainty.
Training costs money. It’s pointless running reactivate courses that don’t deliver the results required. Time to disrupt the norm……
I’ve worked in the Mental Health, Wellbeing and Inclusive Employment fields for many years. I still see a fear within businesses – large and small – to address positive mental health training for all staff.
Traditionally, non-accredited training – either a half day awareness level, one day champion level or two day ‘first aider’ course is selected by businesses without considering some key facts:
- These courses are reactive – useful only when a problem has arisen
- Being non-accredited by a regulatory body or a respected Institute – what real meaning do they have?
- One of the largest providers in this field only licences their instructors to deliver in their local area – not nationally nor internationally meaning there is no uniform of delivery for national/international businesses.
I’ve been hugely impressed by this innovative programme because of it’s standout features. Some of the key ones are:
- It has over 50 self care tools to ensure we look after ourselves and those around us
- Designed specifically for the workplace – not only is it proactive in promoting positive mental health and wellbeing, it debunks myths, gives countless tools and guidance to build a mentally healthy workplace tying in with Health and Safety Executive tools as well as legislation responsibilities – it gives real confidence to those undertaking the training to break down the wall of social and society stigma which directly impacts the workplace.
- Accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists gives it real meaning and substance.
- The same instructor can deliver nationally and internationally giving uniform training.
“Excellent course to do. A very relevant and important course to do in these times. The skills learnt on this course could help you to intervene and save someone’s life.” Robert
Interested in knowing more? Contact me.